Friday, July 15, 2011

Q and A

Q- My sister-in-law is planning on doing cloth diapers and wipes. She is planning on using a wipes warmer like you and has asked for advice. For me, I just spray solution on the wipe when I need to use it. What do you do with the warmer? Are the wipes always soaked in solution? How much solution do you put in? What do you do for the diaper bag?

A- Depends on the day ;)
Sometimes I simply run the washcloths under water and put them in the wipes warmer. If I feel that I need to wash out my girl's crevasses, I use the peri wash bottle, from the hospital, with a mixture of water and tea tree oil. My baby is prone to yeast infections and tea tree oil kills and prevents it.

The other way I do it is to soak the washcloths in the tea tree oil and water mixture then put them in the wipes warmer.

I mainly use commercial wipes for the diaper bag. Planetwise makes a small wipes bag for on the go. You could also put them in a ziplock bag (not sure if this would leak). Another option would be to carry dry wipes and a spray bottle in the diaper bag.

Hope that helps :)

No comments: